Driving at night can be very risky if the necessary precautions did not take to avoid accidents. One of the important factors of car safety is the lights. The importance of lights, especially when going out on road, lies in the fact that cars that installed unapproved headlights can generate temporary blindness in drivers who come straight ahead, increasing the possibility of accidents. In the case of dazzling, it takes 30 seconds to regain sight again, 30 seconds that can be fatal.
LED in the outside lighting:
The use of LEDs in vehicle exterior lighting is much more complicated.
LED technology has been monopolizing and replacing all conventional luminaires in recent years. It has meant that small LED chips offer us a total revolution in terms of light performance and versatility. The world of car lighting has not been oblivious to this great technological innovation. We have seen how the market has offered options to replace each of the lights in our car gradually, LED interior lights, LEDs for brake lights, turn signal, position, etc.
Types of lights
Each light fulfills a certain function, so it is vital to review them daily for optimal performance. How they should illuminate and what are their functions:
– Low beam headlight: Used at night but also throughout the day to increase visibility.
– High beam headlight: It is a very intense light that allows you to see at night at a great distance, especially on the road. It is a great ally in extreme weather situations.
– Reverse light: There are one or two white headlights such as 3157 led bulb replaced at the rear of the car that comes on when you put the car in reverse. And warns others that the vehicle is traveling in the opposite direction.
– Anti-Fogg light: Increase visibility in periods of dense fog. There are two types: front and rear. They should only be used in foggy or heavy rain conditions because, especially the rear, it can dazzle other drivers.
– Position lights: They are yellow or white at the front and red at the back. It is important always to keep them on as they warn other drivers of the width of the vehicle and its position.
– Turn signal: They inform other drivers of the intention to carry out a maneuver, and it is key to avoiding accidents since the driver behind can predict our movements.
– Parking Light: They used when the car stops on the street or the road or in emergencies.
– Brake light: Warns other drivers that the vehicle is going to stop or slow down. It automatically activated by pressing the brake.